CHEVY KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

2009 Chevy Cobalt

I just bought a fob for my car and I called around and they say it will cost 50 dollars or so and really cant afford that : ( so I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it myself
Kinzie

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2009_chevy_cobolt_key_fob_programing_1.jpg

theres how u do it but as u can see u need the dealers scan tool to program it.the keyless entry goes thru the body control module so u have to go in and tell the body control module to look for the new key fob.like when u add a new blue tooth ear piece to ur phone same concept.50 is pretty high to do that it only takes light a couple of mins.it should be like .2 labor hrs unless there labor rate is like 250 per hr then that is pretty high.did u buy the remote there?we used to program them for free if they bought the remote from us.u could always try another dealer and ask them why its so much since ur now armed with the knowledge of how its done.let me know how it goes.