CHEVY MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR?

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

2006 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 59,000 miles

I was about to hop on the highway for a 2 hr drive and my engine light came on and my car said engine disengaged. And then it killed. My car's an 06, havent had a problem with it other than a flat tire. So I let it sit for a few minutes and then it started up again and I was able to drive it back into town and go to a gas station that also fixes cars. They said everything they were running was coming back ok. So I drove it to another store at that point the engine light wasn't on. They said it was a mass air flow or something? Whatever. Its a 300$ part if it doesnt need to be just cleaned. Frustrating. I havent had a problem since and I was driving it all night. I have to go out of town on Monday, I dont know if I should drive it? Another auto store said it could be a bad cellnoid too? I dont know.
Icequeen83

Mass air flow is a critical sensor to the proper air/fuel mixture and ignition.

If you have a MAF error in the PCM, you can buy a MAF cleaner, try that first.

Mmprince4000