CHEVY FILL TRANSAXLE

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

2005 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

How do you fill the automatic transaxle with the correct amount of fluid? I lost an unknown amount of fluid when working on the radiator. There's no dipstick or method to fill from the top of the engine compartment that I can see.
Massangler

I would need the year of the car, and then I'd be glad to assist

Basstech
Hi Basstech,

I added the information that you requested.

Thanks! Good luck fishing.

Massangler
There is a black cap located on top of the trans almost directly under the brake master cylinder. It's about 2 inches high, 3 inches around. That's where you add the fluid. The checking procedure is as follows: Start the engine and allow the engine to idle until the transmission fluid temperature has reached the value specified. ~104 degrees F.
Depress the brake pedal and move the shift lever through the gear ranges, pausing a few seconds in each range. Return the shift lever to the PARK range.
Raise the vehicle on a lift. The vehicle must be level, with the engine running and the shift lever in the PARK range.
Remove the transmission oil level control plug.
The plug in an 11mm bolt located between the r/s axle seal and the oil pan.
Check the fluid level. The fluid level should be even with the bottom of the threaded plug hole.
If you remove the plug and nothing comes out, add about half a quart at a time until the fluid starts to dribble out. Once it stops, the level is good.
Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

Basstech