CHEVY ENGINE WARNING LIGHT ON

1998 Chevrolet Cheyenne

Engine problem
1998 Chevy Cheyenne V6 Two Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

DESCRIPTION: My son drove home from school thursday (300 miles). Check engine light came on last night, friday. And he needs car to drive back on monday. No shops open hear on the weekend. Anyway, we checked what we could and did find some oil at the air intake container behind the air filter itself (the filter is located in the large intake tube or cylinder). There is a smaller tube (blow by tube, vacume tube - were not sure) connected to the air intake cylinder and behind the filter. This is about all I can surmise at this time.
QUESTION. What might the presence of oil in this area of the air cleaner intake suggest?
Jerrypp

Follow the small tube, it should take you to the engine, were you will find the PCV, replace this valve, the check engine light can be checked for free at an autzone or advance auto parts store.

Merlin2021