CHEVY

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne

Engine problem
1988 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 125000 miles

I have a 1988 Chevy Cheyenne. Yesterday I had a crack in my passenger side tail pipe so I took it up to my friends shop and we welded it back together. Prior to this however, my truck was sputtering real bad and acting like it wasn't getting any gas. I need to do a tune up on it real bad. At first I was thinking it had to do with the cracked tail pipe but now it is ten times worse I can't even get it to go because it won't get enough gas. Do you think it's a fuel pump? Or what. And if so how much do you think it would cost me to get one for my truck?

I appreciate your help very much and anything you can tell me would be helpful, because I am clueless right now!

Brandyn
Brandyn123

I just had a thought. Always make sure none of your spark plug wires aren't arc ing against the block because that will give similar symptoms. Just thought you wanted to know. I had an experience similar to that one. Not necesarilly saying that this is the problem with your car but keep that in mind
thanx

Legitimate007