CHEVY REAR BRAKES

1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

Brakes problem
1989 Chevy Celebrity 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

rear brakes recently rebuilt / after driving a few months, the rear brakes lock up and grind and the rear end of vehicle squats down and actually will squall the tires. We have rebuilt these brakes 2 times in the last 2 years and my repairman is at a loss what to do further. After rebuilding the rear brakes again, in a very few months the vehicle will repeat the above mentioned symptoms again. The vehicle is not driven on long trips, just 20-40 miles per day. Even so, the car does not do this till a very few months later after rebuilding I I have asked if there was a factory recall on rear brakes for this auto but no one can answer this. We love this old car. But this problem is puzzling. I have a 89 toyoto wagon with similar rear brakes w/leaf springs and it doesn't do this.
HOWDY DOODY

Do you have drum brakes on rear?

If so, were the drums turned/replaced, were wheel cylinders replaced and a new hardware kit installed?

Mmprince4000