CHEVY 89 - DASH REMOVAL

1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

Interior problem
1989 Chevy Celebrity 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

Hi- I just got an 89 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport and the stock radio had stopped functioning before I had bought it. I have a new head unit lined up and ready to go, but I'm having more than a difficult time trying to figure out how to get the dash out to get the old system out and install the new system (to be more precise about which part of the dash I'm referring to, the long piece below the instrument panel that houses the car lighter, stereo, A/C controls, and headlight panel). The right side comes of easily and uses only a plastic tab to keep it in place. When moving to the left side though, it seems " hung-up" near the car lighter/steering wheel. I've removed the bottom two panels to look underneath for more screws or tabs but I can't find anything. I've also removed the three screws at the top of the piece I'm refering to. It seems that it may be hung up by the car lighter housing but I'm unsure if that is the cause and I'm unsure about how to remove it or if I even need to remove it. So to sum that all up- I need to know what I need to take apart to get the dash out in order to access the stereo.
I've installed numerous amounts of sound systems in older cars and I've never had this many problems getting the dash out of one. Any input would be valued. Thank you ahead of time.
BST719