99 SMALL ISSUES

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

1999 2.2 L Automatic Chevy Cavalier 87000mi. 1 Every time I start the engine or shift from Park the whole engine moves and kinda shakes. 2 When driving after about 15 min the temperature rises above normal temperature, but stays a little below the max temp, I had an external relay installed to keep the fan running all times didn't seem to help, what really helps is turning on the AC to cool the engine : S I was told that the engine is missing some kind of metal casing or cover that dissipates engine heat to the radiator. 3 The car makes a hell of a noise when driving on bad roads, it sounds like its gonna come apart, when checked by mechanics they say that the suspension is OK, any help is greatly welcomed thanks everyone out there.
Conrado

Just to let you know, I am owner of 2001 cavalier, Its common thing for those 2.2L cavalier engines to shake, Sometimes the motor mounts car wornout, Not all the time, They are not cheap mounts to fix, The GM dealer charges insane amounts of money for rubber mounts, I am in the process replacing my motor mounts, For the rise in temp on the gauge, I would look into getting youre cooling system, Serviced, Could have a blocked rad cores or Hose colapsed, In which causes problems for circulating coolant, Water pump could be weak, For noises going down bad roads, All cavaliers have prone to noises suspension, Thud sounds are usually caused by wornout strut mount bushings.

E40water12