Chevrolet Cavalier

2 1/2 weeks ago my car broke down - turns out I needed a new fuel pump. I have a 2003 Chevy Cavalier with approx. 70,500 miles. I thought I was just being paranoid, but after I got my car back I thought every once in awhile the car wasn't accelarating properly. Yesterday when I was out driving I noticed when I got off the highway and was traveling at lower speeds that I had to really push on the gas pedal to get the car going - and the RPMS would shoot up to 2000/3000, which they normally don't do at a slower speed. I thankfully made it to my destination, but my car is doing exactly what it did before I got the new fuel pump - although I will say the jerking motion it did before the fuel pump is not as bad as it was. When I drove it today the engine was really rough and I had to put the gas pedal all the way to the floor to get it to go at some point. Plus the car almost stalled twice yesterday. I took it to a different mechanic because of where I ended up yesterday, but the good news is that they are both part of " Gemini Automotive Care"

My question is this - could it still be a problem with the fuel line? Perhaps I was given a defective fuel pump? Is there something else it could be?