98 Z24 STARTS, THEN DIES RIGHT AWAY...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

I have a 98 Cav Z24 (2.4L). I have 260K miles on the car, 80K on the motor, and 30k on the tranny (Motor and tranny, both salvage, were replaced at begining of the year 07)

Short story: 2 months ago my car died. Scan tool came up with codes for;

1. Crank and Cam sensors (I know the Cam codes come up as a result of a faulty Crank sensor, but the Cam wasn't bad),
2. PCM loss of data, and
3. Failure to communicate with ABS Module.

So far I have replaced/checked;

1. The Crank sensor (new part)
2. Flashed the PCM and had the VATS disabled.(Done by Nelson Perf. In San Antonio, TX)
3. A wire to the ignition fuse in the back of the fuse block was loose, so that was repaired.
4. The main wiring harness (located near the back of the motor under the air cleaner assembly) was bad, luckily this part had a recall which had not yet been serviced.
5. Ignition lock cylinder (Salvage part, complete with key)
6. Car gets fuel/ spark and 5volt ref.

My car will NOT perform the " relearn" proceedure, and a mystery code is " stuck" and will not clear (Z14 R-CODE UNPROGRAMMED) and the car will start, but then immediately dies.

I was wondering if it could be from the Oil Sending Unit. I know that the computer will disable the fuel if this part is no good. A few months back it went bad and was leaking oil everywhere! I have also noticed that the wire into the sensor is exposed in a couple of spots, although my mechanic working on it says that is not the problem. But then again, he told me to replace the lock cylinder for the second time with no results. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the problem, or what this " Z14" Mystery code is? What should I look at next, what should I test? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Amirkat

Might want to try out another Pcm computer on youre car.

E40water12