CHEVY +NO START

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

2003 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72990 miles

Good Afternoon,

I installed a COMPUSTAR 4200 and bypass module for passlock II in my 2003 Cavalier (2.2L ecotec, 2dr, keyless entry). I disconnected all of the wire harnesses from the switches on the steering wheel and pulled the loom covered wire bunch from the dash. I exposed the 3 wire harness leading to the key cylinder. I started by connecting the yellow to the bypass module with the corresponding ground. I then connected the battery. Immediately the turn signal flasher relay cycles on and on rapidly (fast clicking), and there are no dash lights, headlights do not work, anything electrical does not work(radio clock when knob pushed) and no change when key moved from off thru crank. Checked voltage at turn signal flasher orange wire and it measured 7.1V. Checked power at ignition harness, both reds @ 6.0V. Removed car starter and bypass and returned wiring back to factory status and still same condition. Thinking I may have fried either the ecm or bcm, I disconnected both and connected the battery. Still same condition. What voltages should I be measuring at the harness? Where would I look for wires that melted together if that is the case. What are the voltages at the turn signal relay connector? Any ideas?

Norm
Fathumpty