CHEVY WINDSHIELD WIPERS NOT WORKING

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 94,700 miles

The challenge: windshield wipers working intermittently but now seem to have stopped completely; driver's side door will only lock manually, dayling running light stays lit and headlights go out sometimes. Wipers have stopped while driving and lights have shut off an then back on while driving. Is this a fuse problem, an electrical system failure, a known problem with this car?
Pondsdp

Hello -

To better assist you is your model just the Cavalier, or the LS or LS Sport or the Z24. Also what is your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

Now if I understand you - your wipers no longer work

The drivers door only locks manually. Does the door ajar light stay on or is it on at all?

Your DRL stay on even when you turn them off

Your headlights turn off at times even though you have selected them to be on and then come on at times.

Next, please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello -

By the way, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recalls_16.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS
Did this issue ever get resolved because I am having the same exact issue right now and I'm scared that it may be something expensive to fix.

Kay_dubb1
We didn't hear back from them. Hopefully they will see your email

ImpalaSS