CHEVY MUFFLER/REAR BLINKERS & STOP LIGHTS

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

Noises problem
2002 Chevy Cavalier Automatic 93000 miles

I actually have two questions. The first concerns my muffler system. I'm pretty sure that's where the issue is. My car is very loud (sounds like a freight truck) when accelerating. It also shakes pretty bad when I get above 70mph. Occasionally my car starts to smell like an oven too. I was wondering if this does sound like the muffler? If so what particular part of the muffler? And how much would it cost to fix it?
I also have no rear blinkers or stop light. I've tried replacing the bubls but that's not the issue. How much does it cost to fix that issue?
Finally, I'm not sure where to take it. I don't know *anything* about cars or what a fair price for parts and labor is. I also don't know what an unnecessary repair would be.I'm just lost about how to fix my car. Any help is appreciated!
Janelle617