CHEVY HORN, AC & HEAT BLOWER & RADIO

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

It started with my radio, normally after turning my vehicle off and removing the key from the ignition, the radio stays on until I open my door. However, my radio stays on, it aventually shuts off on its own, but I'm sure this isn't normal. Next, my blower for the heater and/or air conditioning does not work on the first two speeds. I will only work on the 3rd and 4th speeds (when I turn the switch to the 3rd and 4th position). Last, my horn recently stopped working. I checked the fuse and it although it appeared okay, I still changed it, and still nothing. I'm not sure if all of my problems are connected, and I'm worried things will continue to fail if I don't take action. Thank you so much for any help you may provide!
Klmcdonough

Hello
Thanks for the donation.

Are your interior lights staying on a little longer when you leave vehicle and also after doors are closed when you start vehicle?

There are switches in the door jams that let your vehicle know when to illuminate the interior lights and, in most newer models, tell it when to shut off the radio after the key has been removed and door opened. If the switch is sticking or faulty it will cause issues with the radio and interior lighting.

As for the heater blower, it sounds like you have a faulty blower switch. Test the switch for power at the first two speeds.

Check to see if there is 12 volts coming from the fuse for the horn. If there is power on both sides of the fuse, then it might possibly be the horn switch. Is there 12 volts at the horn when the horn button is pushed on steering wheel? It may also be faulty horn but that is unlikely with a newer model vehicle as this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!

Bluelightnin6