CHEVY DIP STICK

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

2001 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

where is the dip stick and how do I check and fill the trans
Jylaughter

Hi: The transmission may be a sealed unit. If so, you won't find a dipstick for the trans. If it isn't sealed, but I think it is, the dipstick will be on the driver's side near the firewall.

If it's sealed, it needs to be serviced at the mileage intervals recommended in the manual.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, let me know.

Jacobandnickolas is correct. There is no dipstick for the newer model Automatic transmission Cavaliers. There is only a red fill cap on the drivers side on top of the transmission. The only way to check it is to jack up the car, making sure it's level with a jackstand on each side of the car, and remove a small plug from the side of the transmission, underneath the car. It will be small, either a 3/8" or a 7/16" size plug. Once it is removed, fluid will drain out if it is overfilled. Once there is no more fluid coming out, it is at it's proper level. If there is none coming out, then add more until it comes out and levels off. It has a capacity of about 11 quarts for the 4 speed models. The 3 speed models have about 7 quarts.

Bluelightnin6