CHEVY CAVILIER LOW BEAM LIGHTS WON'T WOR

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

2000 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

start the car everything fine, put in gear you hear click, click, click, click and the little green headlight on the dash flashes on each click, then goes out and you have no low beams and service light comes on. I have replaced the light switch and relay.
Bullkatt

The harness that runs from the headlights to under the windshield washer bottle has a connector that gets corroded and across the radiator support the wires get corroded, remove the washer bottle and remove the harness, peel it open and you will find multiple breaks and corrosion, very common on the 96-05 cavaliers. Post back with what you find.

Brian 1
I found some wires along the radiator support that was corroded I cleaned them up one just broke in half I spliced it back together and electrical taped it all up problem fixed. Do you know a good site to buy a new harness if I decide to replace it. Thanks for your help.

Bullkatt
I dont really know any good site, just the GM dealer but those harnesses are $300.00, so you might want to see if they have it aftermarket.

Brian 1