, 104K MILES - REALLY JERKY STALLING

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

I have a 98 chev cavalier with 104k miles and I've been having this problem very sporadically. When I first start my car and am driving at a low speed (probably about 15mph or under) for a couple minutes, like in the parking garage or ramp. Sometimes when I am breaking, my car will shudder really hard. It almost feels like it is jerking forward in really quick bursts. And then it will eventually stall. I've also found that putting the car into neutral instantly fixes the problem and it won't stall. And in the case where I don't get it into neutral in time, the car starts again with no problem. After I get the car going up over 15 mph there is no problem at all when coming to a stop. I've also noticed a couple times at the parking ramp by my work that in going at low speeds it will start to accelerate without even putting my foot on the gas. It isn't just the decline of the ramp. I actually feel and hear the engine speeding up like it would when your foot is on the gas. In these instances, when I break, I get that really rough/hard jerky feeling and then when I put the car into neutral it is fine again. I've gotten oil changes on schedule, had the transmission fluid flushed, the fuel filter changed and had a tune up about a year and a half ago where they put in platinum spark plugs (an ex bf told me that really messed up his car once, so I'm wondering if that could be it or not?) Again all this happens very sporadically. It started last summer and happened once and then was fine for a few months and now just this winter started acting up again, more frequently. Somtimes every day, other times a week will go by and nothing happens. I've brought it in a couple different times and they can never get it to act up and say everything is fine. My dad had mentioned that it could be a torque converter solenoid or something like that so I mentioned that to the car shop I brought it to last time and they told me that isn't a problem with 98 cavaliers with automatic transmissions. Was that claim accurate or not? Any advice is greatly appreciated! I hope I described everything clearly enough. I'm not really very knowledgable when it comes to the subject of car mechanics. : )
Amalee09

Anyone?

Amalee09
Any check engine soon lights come on at all, like b4 stalling or during stalling?

NickN