CHEVY 97

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

1997 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

y 97 cavalier is having issues. One day it started missing while driving my son to school. The rpm gauge would jump around like it was'nt getting any gas then stalled. After aMbout 10 mins it started and I got it home.I changed the plugs, wires air filter, fuel filter. It ran fine for a couple of days then same thing. Ilet it sit for a few days and it ran fine for a week. Then I went to start it and the rpm gauge went crazy spitting, sputtering with a back fire if you gave it gas. Let it sit for a while and it started fine.I drove it down the street and it stutterd once and I reved the engine and it ran smooth for an entire month.A week ago it started all over again for about 3 days, now it runs fine.I have no idea and I dont want to start randomly replacing parts.
Aaronr1971