CHEVY FINDING SHORT OR BAD GROUND

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier

1994 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 220, 00 miles

I am really sorry I can't donate right now. We are in much hardship right now but I will ASAP!
I found the fuse thanks to you guys, that was draining my battery. It was the " courtesy" fuse. I removed it and the test light went out. It controls interior lights, horn, power locks, audible warning system, remote tail gate release, (I have the pull type at the side of the driver's door) and check oil light. I think in my case it is " check engine light".
I thought it might be the door locks as they never worked properly. I disconnected them from the harness. No go. I disconnected the dome light. No go. The test light stays on after all I have tried. The only other thing I can think of would be the audible warning or seat belt warning but don't know how to find nor test them. There are no lights left on as I have checked at night with fuse in. If it helps, there is a humming sound coming from the trunk on passenger side when I turn ignition on (without fuse) The last thing that was worked on was my ignition switch. Don't know if that helps either? Got any ideas that would help? Please remember, talk to me like I am 7. LOL
God Bless Your Day
Gary
Garyd409