CHEVY TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

1993 Chevy Cavalier 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 220000 miles

I have a 93 Cavalier RS 3.1 Litre V6. I went to start it one day and it just turns over and won't start. I disconnected the fuel filter and used the fuel pump direct power feed under the hood by connecting it to the battery and the fuel pump turns on and shoots out gas. I checked the fuse under the dash and it is good, I replaced the fuel pump relay under the hood, and it still doesn't start. I took off the connecter to the relay, ran a wire to the battery from the connecter power line, and the fuel pump turns on and shoots out gas. I'm not sure why it doesn't work when I turn the key on and turn it over. Any suggestions? Does the ECM go bad on these things? Any help is appreciated!
Darrendwilson

Did you check for spark?

I didn't check for spark I guess I should have. I figured with the fuel pump not turning on when I turn it over I should get that figured out. I have the fuel filter off and when I turn it over the pump doesn't turn on and no fuel is coming out.

Darrendwilson
Check for spark if you got it-concentrate on the fuel system-such as the fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay, inertia fuel cut off switch and fuel pump.

Ok will do thanks - I didn't know the cavaliers had a cut off switch. This might be kind of a dumb question but would the fuel pump not turn on when I turn it over because the fuel filter is off.

Darrendwilson
Disregard the fuel cut off switch thought it was a ford-its been a long day

With or w/o the fuel filter in place fuel under pressure should come out-