CHEVY WHERE'S MR GOODWRENCH?

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier

Computer problem
1991 Chevy Cavalier 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

Cars been at the GM dealers for 3 weeks needs part 16190140 e-prom. They can't find the part? Told them it at GMGENIUMPARTS. NET. They said listed but they don't have. Where can I tell Them to get the part.
Volcanix

Did you check local autoparts stores for a remanufactured unit?

You may have to go to a junkyard.

Are you looking for the ECM or PROM chip or both?

Mmprince4000
I have given the GM dealer permission to put one in from the aftermarket or junk yard. I called the junk yard and they wanted the entire computer's serial number and not just the e-prom number. Three service bullitens have been issued for this e-prom, and he is even looking for older numbers.

Volcanix
Some manufacturers keep parts for a long time, others about 10 years.

There are Federal laws with regard to emmissions parts, but otherwise, it is up to manufacturer.

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed.

Mmprince4000
Its been nice to say show me a 91 toyota that hasn't been garaged and looks and sounds like this. I even let my boys beat on it, I thing they took it four wheeling from what was stuck under the bottom. Hey my grandfather was on that small rocky island corregidor.

Volcanix
Thank your grandfather for me for his service. Mmprince4000.

Mmprince4000
The U.S. Marine Corps has given me all the information I need to find him at the Manila American Cemetery. They even gave me his award and an 800 number to call if I have any problems. He died on the final day of the battle from multiple wounds. They were very much out numbered.

Volcanix
Say a prayer to your grandfather for me.

Mmprince4000
I'm going to stay right on the Island in a hotel. I've even got a filipean girlfried waiting for me. They have trams from the war still running. It like a preserve for birds. I will see the big guns and travel the underground tunnels. I will touch the old spanich flag pole that old glory flew from. But first I have to get that E-prom.

Volcanix
Good luck with the PROM chip.

Mmprince4000
Found an 800 for GM. They said they would help. They were very understanding. They will get back to me in 24 hours with an answer.

Volcanix