GRINDING

Chevrolet Caprice

My car is a rear wheel drive 1978 caprice classic 6 cylinder with 86,000+ miles. It gets stuck everywhere in the winter including flat surfaces. I have been by myself and not been able to get the car to move. The tires will spin and now, I have noticed this week that it has been grinding when I drive forward or backwards as if when breaks go bad and grind. It alson happens when I turn the car. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the tire spinning that was done when I was stuck the many times.
i am so sorry but I do not have a credit card to make a donation with and depending on the problem, I may be really broke i'm so sorry I know how it is
Dejja023

So does the noise change when brakes are applied? Or is it a constant grinding? Either way, needs to be checked out for your own safety. Cant put a price on your health

Jack42
It does make the sound but not like it would if the breaks were gone, those were just replaced recently (in the past 4 months) it's mostly constantly. It also does this thing occasionally where when I take my foot off the gas the car seems to stop itself instead of rolling. It's almost like there is something stuck in the tire region. That doesn't happen all the time.
Thank you so much for any suggestions you have as to what it may be so I know a little of what I may be paying to fix it and the garage doesn't rip me off for being a female. Thanks

Dejja023
Have the wheel bearings checked

Jack42