CARBURETOR/EGR/TVS/EFE VACUUM SYSTEMS

Chevrolet Caprice

I have a 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with a newly installed remanufactured 305 cu. In.(5.0L) V-8 engine - including a 200 TH A/T, A/C, and so on.

I'm having a little trouble starting the engine for the first time; and in an effort to troubleshoot the problem(s), I'm not too sure anymore that I connected all the vacuum hoses in the proper manner.

Therefore, considering the available vacuum connections applicable to this particular engine - specifically involving the Carburetor (Rochester " 2GC" 2-BL), EGR, EFE Power Actuator, Temperature Sensitive Vacuum Switch (on Thermostat housing), Thermo-Vacuum Switch (TVS)(on Intake Manifold), and Distributor Vacuum Advance Unit, I would appreciate it very much if you could advise me as to the " right" way to connect the all of the vacuum hoses to their respective " vacuum" components.

At the very least, if you could direct me to any number of Auto-related Web sites that might feature an " all-encompassing" Chevy 305 cu. In. V-8 engine schematic or diagram that highlights all of the above components that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks a whole lot!
Capr1cepr0se