OVERHEATING

Chevrolet Camaro

I have a 1995 Chevy Camaro with a 3.4 litre engine. It has about 170,000 miles on it. It is a standard 5 speed with 2 wheel drive. I am having a problem with overheating and coolant loss. I have replaced the thermostat, temp. Sensor, and I still have to add anti-freeze to the system. It runs fine for about 75-100 miles, then I have to check and add coolant to the radiator. My temp. Gage will then go into the red, then drop slightly, then return to the red again. It will borderline overheating but never actually does. I don't know what else to do with it.

It sounds like your hot rod is about to be blown, big boy! : Shock: I'd be awful worried about a bad intake gasket if it were mine. They tend to leak internally as well as externally.

Cleavage4U
If your gauges is going crazy but the car doesn't seem to be hot then you just have air pockects in the coolant. Just keep adding coolant and try to purge the air out.

Golembesky
I wouldn't be concerned if it isn't smoking out the exhaust or smelling like maple syrup. The problem also could be the radiator cap, thats why the system isn't purging air like its supposed to. I hope I helped ya out.

Golembesky
Turn the heater on. If the temperatures goes down you have a clogged radiator that needs cleaning.

Ed51