CHEVY TEMP GUAGE NOT WORKING

2001 Chevrolet Camaro

2001 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

I Have a problem with my on board temp guage. One day I was driving down the highway and just all of a sudden my temp guage just dropped to nothing and my car started acting like it is overheating by the radiator fans coming on, even when I first start the car in snow. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor and checked all fuses. The only thing I have done to the cooling system is recently installing a 160 degree thermostat. The guage was working fine and just went out. Don't know what else to do.
Raiden69213

Just answered my own question. Turns out that the 01 and 02 camaro doesn't happen to like lower thermostats unless you program the ECU to synchronize to colder operating temps. So when I put in a 160 degree thermostat, the computer shut off the gauge because the computer was reading that it was running too cold and for some reason kicked on the fans. If this happens to you, go to autozone and have them clear the codes, and put in an OEM thermostat with stock settings to avoid this problem. If the computer reads too cold, it will do this. Hope this helps. : Lol:

Raiden69213