MY HAD NO POWER!

2003 Chevrolet Blazer

I recently bought a 2003 Chevy Blazer 62000 miles and a 6 cylinder-it has run great up until today. I am a home health nurse so it is a requirement for me to have reliable transportation. The problem was-I was sitting at a drive thru (idling) and all of a sudden felt some " shaking" in the engine. I drove away and when I accelerated it would cut out and act like it was going to die. It would barely move no matter what I did with the gas or anything! (Not good in the middle of a busy highway in the 5 o'clock rush hour) I somehow managed to creep slowly to a gas station and called for help. The engine was running but acting like it wanted to die. I had driven a lot of miles this particular day but had no problems. I shut off the air conditioner and radio-no change. HELP ME PLEASE! : ) I can give shots, change dressings, and deal with bloody situations but a mechanic I am not. Thank you so much!?
Michelleleann

Did the Check Engine Light come on? If so then we need to get it scanned for a good place to start

Jack42