CHEVY FRONT DIFFERENTIAL

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 158000 miles

I need to have my front dif re-built, The problem is that it needs to be shipped out and its gonna take a few weeks. Can I still drive the truck without the front axles being bolted into the bearing hub assemblies, or will the bearings fall apart. If not can I cut a pair of junk axles and put the spline shaft end thru the bearing assembly and bolt it in? Will this work.
Skatester

No and No. If you put an axle in place, there is no way to keep it from moving around in the (empty ) differential.

The differential would not be there. The whole outer case assembly will be removed. I have to ship it out as a whole, not just the inside. And what I mean by putting the axles back in is cut the axle off at the first knuckle so I could bolt that piece of the axle back to the wheel bearing assembly. Pretty much destroying a set of axles.
I just need to know if I drive away if the wheels will fall off.

Skatester
Based on what I believe you want to do, yes, the wheels will come off. There is nothing to hold the axles into the bearing.

Please be careful if you try something like this. I can't see how it could be safe.