CHEVY ANTI LOCK

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

Brakes problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 184 miles

my anti lock brake light keeps coming on after I drive about 20 miles then it wont go past 10 mph it would mess the transmission up if I did that. Ihave changed front calipers, brakes rotors adjusted back brakes and ble all the way around 3 times. Can you please, please give me an answer I had a buddy of mine put a mchine on it and all electric and sensors are fine[he says] I dont no about that. But blazer runs great other then this its causing me alot of problems. CAN YOU PLEASE PLEAS HELP ME? I would love to give a donation but I dont have bad credit and no credit cards got kids and icant even take them anywher please help me get the answer THANK YOU SINCERLY KEVIN MY E-MAIL IS graham3179@roadrunner. Com
Kevin bumpus

Most common and likely to fail is a wheel sensor / wheel bearing
check the wiring at and around the wheel bearings
good luck

*****************************************
need manual CHECK IT @
http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm
Need parts check it @
http://www.eautopartstore.com/

The Kelsey-Hayes 4-Wheel Anti-Lock (4WAL) brake system is used to prevent wheel lock-up during heavy braking. This allows driver to maintain steering control while stopping vehicle in shortest distance possible. The system consists of Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV), Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or Vehicle Control Module (VCM), Wheel Speed Sensors (WSS), warning lights, electrical wiring and hydraulic lines.
The Electro-Hydraulic Control Unit (EHCU) is the entire unit, including the BPMV, Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) and combination valve. The EBCM is the electronic control portion of the ABS assembly. It is mounted on top of the BPMV located on left side of engine compartment, above fender well.

When testing and diagnosing 4WAL system, use of A scan tool is required.
An OBDII reader will not work on ABS system

The Vehicle Control Module (VCM) contains a self-diagnostic capability to detect system failures. When a DTC is set, the VCM may disable 4WAL system and illuminate ANTI-LOCK light for duration of ignition cycle. DTCs stored by VCM can be displayed using Tech 1 and appropriate cartridge.
Before diagnosing 4WAL system, perform a comprehensive visual inspection of system by checking wiring harness connectors, harness routing (pay particular attention to wheel speed sensor wiring harness routing), applicable fuses in fuse block, and ground connections. Ensure brake fluid level in master cylinder reservoir is full.

BMRFIXIT
I have checked sensor and wiring all good wat else might it be?Thanks kevin

Kevin bumpus
Need to scan for codes

BMRFIXIT