CHEVY KEEPS BLOWING CRANK FUSE WHEN STARTING.

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 132097 miles

i have a 96 chevy blazer and it keeps blowing the crank fuse wen I try and start the truck. I have checked the fuse box for burned wires and I have also checked wire on the outside of the truck I just recently installed a transmission and the same day I finished this problem occured. I have even changed the neutral safety switch. Help!
Timoskee

It this happened after replacing th transmission, then check to see if you have pinched a wire I'd bet that you have and it 's catching between the block and trans shorting the wire out and blowing the fuse. It willprobably will be a purple wire that is pinched. here's a schematic........ click on the pic it should enlarge if you want it to.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/406719_start__1.jpg

Hey thanx for then info, but I cant enlarge the image and wen I try and zoom in on it its really blurry. So do you think that it would be this same problem after I started it several time before this accured? Thanx

Timoskee
If it startd several times before then it may still be teh same thing, onl the wire hadn't shorted out completelly. Especially if you are blowing fuses. Carefuuly look and sse if the harness is pinched or maybe burnt through by the exaust manifold and shorting there. If it is burnt through, then repair the wire and use some heat tape or header tape to protect the wire so it won't burn through or move the wire away from the exaust.

Hey thanx for the info. There were 5 pinched wires back there with the purple being 1 of them I fixed it! Thanx again!

Timoskee