CHEVY 4 WHEEL DRIVE WON'T DISENGAGE

1992 Chevrolet Blazer

Other Category problem
1992 Chevy Blazer V6 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110, 00 miles

My 4 wheel drive will not disengage. After troubleshooting it was determined that it was not a vacuum or electrical problem. I was told to replace a 411.00 component which I believe may be either the actuator or the vacuum module, which is located on the side of the transfer case. I am thinking that replacing the transfer case with a $75 used part will solve the problem considering that there may also be a problem with some internal compnents such as the planetary gears. Just wonderding before I send my mechanic to the parts yard if this is a wise decision. Please take into consideration that the truck itself is perfect aside from this issue and it's Christmas time so money of course is a definate factor.
Thanks: )
Dolicia