CHEVY DIES WHILE DRIVING AND IDLING

1991 Chevrolet Blazer

Engine problem
1991 Chevy Blazer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 198485 miles

ok I got a brain teaser for you guys (or maybe not I suck with cars) im driving on the freeway fine, but once I get on the exit ramp and get to a red light for a few sec, the car rumbles and dies, I start it again just fine, then when I press down the accelerator normally, it barely moves, then jolts like I put it all the way down, then dies again. I start it up again just fine, does the same thing but doesnt die this time, I pull over to a gas station, checked all the fluids and they're ok. I start it up again and it does the same thing again, only now it dies again at another red light, so I start it up, but at another red light I have one foot on the brake and one foot on the accelerator so that it keeps it from dying, so what am I lookin at here, is it the alternator, fuel filter, spark plugs or what?
Shadowstriker

Had same problem with 91 blazer, not spider assembly or fuel pump etc. Turned out to be distributor module ! Easy fix. That cured my problem, and was prob. The least exspensive. Hope this helps you !

Cpandc