, , , 34,000 MIE.

1996 Chevrolet Beretta

There is a noise coming from the front end of my Beretta. Control arm bushings have been replaced and tie rods etc have been checked. The noise continues. The noise occurs whenever I hit a bump that lifts/drops the whole front end of the car. It sounds like a dry cylinder that needs grease. The noise has been there ever since I hit a major pot hole in the street and the front end bottomed out. My mechanice thinks I'm carzy but I think there is a problem with the joints that conntect the steering column to the gearbox. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ksamson

You said this : " The noise occurs whenever I hit a bump that lifts/drops the whole front end of the car.
Duplicate the problem, have you both hands on the hood and push it hard down, ans repush it down after every rebond, same as lift/ drop.
Have a second person checking for the noise down while you are doing this. You ca use a stetstocop to amplify the noise.
Start your check around the upper and lower spring seat.

Mathiaso
Check your shocks and or stuts when you push down on your car buy the side thats makeing the noise see if it spring back up with little bounce if it bounces a lot it probably something to do with the shocks sounds like its not far from there anyway you said you checked several things check the stablizer bars too if you havent yet good luck

Foxytiger