CHEVY AIR CONDITIONING DOESN'T WORK

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 72358 miles

When I purchased the vehicle 6 weeks ago, the dealership had put a new battery in the vehicle. Initial AC problems was with the driver vent blowing hot and the passenger side blowing cold. This was with the temperature set at the same temp. I took it in, they told me nothing was wrong. Yet, after that point, it started working correctly for a period of time.
Yet, yesterday was the first warm day and the air conditioning did not work. I had both climate control temp gauges at 60 degrees. When I push the AC button(with the snowflake) the light will blink several times and then goes off. Hence, blowing hot air. No matter if I had it on auto or manual controls, nothing changed the temerature off of hot air. Now, once the temp started dropping yesterday evening, the AC automatically came on and worked. It also continued to work this morning. I have not tried it since it has gotten warmer today.
I know I am not crazy. Any suggestions? Please help!
Miahunter

When it is not working, take a look and see if the compressor is engauged. If it is not, tap on the low pressure switch and see if it kicks on.

Rhall77