CHEVY ODD SOUND AND MOVEMENT

1997 Chevrolet Astro

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Chevy Astro 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

Recently I heard a very quit click sound when I started to drive, As I drove faster I no longer heard the click however as soon as I let my foot off the gas I heard a humming sound coming from the passanger side rear tire. I took the tire off and found nothing out of place, however I could slide the part with the wheel studs in and out about 1/4" I check the other side and there was next to no play there. A difference of about 4 times I would say. What could this be?
Jime4247

On an Astro, the front brake rotors ARE the wheel hubs. They are cheap at $30, so every time my Astro needs front brakes, I replace both front rotors. I get grease seals for $1 each and I (replace the front wheel bearings every 80,000 miles) remove the bearings, wash them clean with gas, re-grease them and when you put the rotors back on, tighten the locknut until the wheel will not turn by hand, then back off to the next slot for a cotter pin and put in new cotte pins. I just did new rotors, pads, and cotter pins for about $80 and I am good for another 50,000 miles easy.

Ken

Techman1