CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BLINKING WHILE DRIVING

2002 Pontiac Grand Am • 2.2L 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 24 miles

I've heard when the check engine light is blinking it's detecting a misfire, anyways well sometimes when I crank my car it will sputter and won't accelerate very good and it will feel like the engine is rumbling terribly and the check engine light will start blinking, we just got a new catalytic converter for the car but the same o2 sensors on, if anything please tell me what you think could be happening
Codymcfeely

A flashing Check Engine light is the most serious and means too much raw fuel is going into the exhaust system and is going to overheat and destroy the catalytic converter. You already replaced the result but you didn't address the cause. A misfire will send unburned gas and oxygen into the exhaust but you also have to consider a leaking fuel injector, leaking fuel pressure regulator, or a sensor problem.