CAR STARTS SOMETIMES BUT NOT OFTEN.

1994 Toyota Camry • 2.2L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 125,000 miles

I have a 1994 toyota camry 2.2l I have replaced the distributor 3times and also the ect sensor. Vehicle still will not start like it should. Ocassionally it will start and after it warms up it will start with no problem but after it cools down it will not start again only crank. Thinking about changing the crank sensor but the only problem is the sensor is no where to be found near the crankshaft pulley. I am at a lost for this car please help
Mzambrana1988

Try unplugging igniter then check to see if you have a 5v signal on white wire from pcm. If there is now a 5v square signal then the igniter is the culprit. You said the fuses kept blowing until you unplugged the coil. This would lead me to believe the coil was faulty, and if that was the case then the bad coil will damage the igniter. Also chec your am2 fuse

There is a brand new ignition control module on the car and the am2 fuse is fine as well. But I will check the white wire from the pcm. The car has no spark at this point. Still want to find if the car has a crank sensor cause I cant find it at all

Mzambrana1988
To update on the white wire coming from the pcm, im only getting a 1.459 v signal from that wire so may it be the pcm?

Mzambrana1988
Oh and I checked it with key on engine off

Mzambrana1988
You don't have a crank sensor check ign fuse an defi fuse and efi relay those could be the problem prior to a pcm

I sswapped the efi relay with the st relay and it cranked over, started then cut right off.

Mzambrana1988
Then try replacing the efi relay it may not be the same as st relay or with st relay disconnected it may do what it did other than that I have no other suggestions as I can't see the car

I just realized aftr I cycle the key in the ignition for a uncounted amount of times that I hear a particular click after that click I can the start the car. I have tested over and over again and each time I heard the click it would start. Do u think it could be the security system in the car not allowing it to start. It is a factory alarm system

Mzambrana1988
It cold be try resetting the sytem if no manual look online for it they are all over online