CAR DOESN;T START

2006 Vauxhall Vectra • 106,000 miles

Today I went to petrol station, filled fuel then I started the car but after 3meter the car stopped.I started again but starting motor no turning, fuel gauge shows nothing(doesnt move), glow plug sign on the dashboard no come on.I think the battery and starter and fuses are good. It is a diesel 1.9cdti. And I filled diesel at at the petrol station not petrol, just in case I tell you : ))
Jozi

Check that the battery terminals are clean and tight, check that you have 12v at the starter main terminal and 12v at the solenoid when key on crank, start here and re[port what you find.

Mhpautos
Hi there!The car behaves like if there wouldn't be diesel in the tank. But I filled it so there is ab.20litre is the tank. Once we were out of diesel and the car behaved the same way. Maybe some kind of diesel sensor is faulty which says there is no fuel in the tank and that's why the car can not start?Thank U!

Jozi
May be the fuel shut off solenoid, get that checked first.

Mhpautos
Can you tell me where we can find solenoid?Thank U: ))

Jozi
Ok I found solenoid: )

Jozi
I do not have details of this model, but normally there is a solenoid on the side of the injection pump it will have one wire going to it, have a look.

Mhpautos