CAR CUTS OFF AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES RUNNING

1999 Ford Taurus • 177,000 miles

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus SE with about 177000 miles on it. It starts and runs just fine until about 45 minutes. It then just shuts off. Just like you turned the switch. After about 30 minutes, it will start right up and the process starts all over. Fuel pump has been checked, OK. Crankshaft position sensor, coil pack and MAF sensor have been replaced. Never any codes. All relays have been checked. I took the PCM out an removed the cover to see if any components looked burnt. All looked OK.
Mcorriher

So when it doesn't start what do you loose spark fuel etc?

I checked for spark while cranking and I seemed to have spark. I used and induction timing light to check it.

Mcorriher
I would use a old spark plug or spark tester to test for spark. Also actual fuel pressure both when it won't start.

Thanks, I'll try to check it tomorrow, if it quits raining.

Mcorriher
Sounds good keep me posted.

I found a used ECM for a really good price that carried a guarantee. I decided it was worth the price to see if I still had the same problem. Turns out, no change. Still cut off at about 45 minutes and no codes.

Mcorriher
Alright now why don't you check the spark when it doesn't start like I suggested?