REAR BRAKES NOT WORKING

2000 Cadillac STS

Brakes problem
2000 Cadillac STS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

I recently had my tires rotated and the tech noted that my rear brakes were not working. I drive in MI and salt damage was clearly evident on the rotors and was not being knocked off with the break pads. Both the pads and rotors are fine and the tech showed me that they were not binding, there was plenty of free play as he could easily push the pads onto the rotors. The car drives and brakes fine, even towing 4,000 lbs. It just seems that fluid is not getting back there, what could cause this?
Cgpuddles

It sounds like your rear brake lines/calipers are not working. Car may need one or both. With 100000 miles it is normal to see this happen.

Scott32
If you were towing 4000 lbs, and had no rear brakes, you would have some definate issues when tryng to stop. With all four wheels off the ground, even just the rear wheels, have someone apply the brakes and see if the rear still spin. You could have faulty hoses, or calipers, but to the point that neither rear brake works, seems quite rare. There is no longer a valve that controls front to rear proportioning, all done in the ABS modulator valve, and master cylinder. I would seek a second opinion.

Factoryjack