SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT ON

2001 Cadillac SLS

2001 Cadillac SLS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 123000 miles

Service Engine soon light comes on. Its been reset several times by another shop. Cadillac dealer had just recently in September, 2009 replaced a transmission oil cooling line that was leaking. As I Ieft the shop the service engine soon light came on. Went back in, and they said the tech for got to clear codes, and also he for got to snap together a connection cable somewhere near the firewall. Since then the service engine soon light has been coming on after several miles after the code is removed. Its been reset several times. Engine runs ok! Another shop mechanic checked out, and said checking it shows a code 739, I'm not sure? He said it refered to the torque converter, that the computer was saying the torque converter was not in sink with the transmision? Cadillac replaced the transmision under the extended warranty on July 28,2004 with about 73000 miles on car. The service engine soon light never was coming on back then, or even a year ago. It now has 123,000 miles. The transmision seems to work Ok? The other shop tech said it has a GM program fault, that GM had to change some program in the computer? That it needs to be re programed? Is this a fact? Can you advise? Some mechanic say just drive with light on.
Sps

Really need code in Poxxx format an Auto zone can do

Docfixit