MANY ISSUES THAT FLASH ON THE DASH BOARD

2000 Cadillac SLS

Computer problem
2000 Cadillac SLS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

I just got a 2000 SLS, everything is great except I think the car is too smart for its self!
I got a diagnostic done and it showed the oil pressure sensor is failing and the crank position senor is failing.
Now all said and done more things are popping up, the change brake pads - had the wire replaced but still comes up, check stability system and when that came on the traction control / ABS light turned on- does that mean its engaged or needs to be checked, the speed limited to 90 is flashing - going 30mph or 60 mph, and finally the engine has this ticking sound when you first start it up or rev the engine while in park.
Can someone tell me if I have major issues or are these pretty small fixes ($$)
Also would anyone recommend always taking it to a caddi dealer or any shop will do.

Amking1

You have a stability system fault causing the ABS/TC lights and speed limited message. This can be as small as low brake fluid, or as large as Brake control module. Need a code to be certain. The ticking, since I can't hear it I don't know how bad it is. Typically, it does make some ticking that is presumed to originate from carbon buildup in combustion chambers. What you are describing is somewhat common from my experience. If I had to speculate, your stability fault is a steering wheel position sensor, not too expensive, but like I said, I need a code. Has the brake pad message been cleared? All four wheels have brake pad sensors on them. If it is still there, have a complete brake inspection checking for open sensor circuits and improper routing of wires, replace brake pads message does not bring an ABS light. As far as a Cadillac dealer vs. Independant, do within your means. If you have an independant that you trust, and they are confident, enough said. Personally, I've been with Cadillac for over 10 years, and have seen both good and bad. The dealer I'm with, they strive to keep a good name for themselves and Cadillac. In these times, that makes a difference in who is selling cars, and who is closing doors.

Factoryjack