CADILLAC SLS RADIATOR PROBLEM

1997 Cadillac SLS

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Cadillac SLS V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 122779 miles

I've had problems with my radiator. I had it replaced once and it went out, I had it replaced again and today I was driving and it read that my car was running hot. Then it would say idle engie coolant hot. I would park for a couple minutes then it would continue to do the same thing. I want to know what is making my radiator continue to go out. And my heat also isn't working. PLEASE HELP!
Tamekia819

Often times if you have an overheat, accompanied with little or no heater, you had a thermostat stuck closed. Check and see if the upper radiator hose is hot when the engine is at operating temperature. It should be hot to where you have to remove your hand, not warm where you can keep your hand on it. You may also want to have the cooling system tested for the presence of combustion gases indicating an internal leak. This may explain the radiators failing due to possible higher pressure in the system. The radiator cap should release pressure over 16 psi, but that may not be happening.

Factoryjack