PROBLEMS

2001 Cadillac Seville

I bought this Cadillac in Jan 07 with 66,000 miles. It now has 81,987 and its 4.6 liter V8 Northstar. Two weeks after I bought it I smelled oil burning, so had to have that fixed. After that I didnt smell oil anymore and it was fine for several months, but now the check oil light comes on every other week and I have had the oil changed on time. Also when I put the car in park it idles from 1 RPM to 2 RPM really quick. This morning I was stopped at a red light and it died. When I turned the key off and back on it cranked up with no problem. Please help, I dont know where to start and cant afford to put in a shop right now.
Hrc1979

I have the same car its an SLS 2001, have been having major problems over the past 6months one problem is the same you are having. I took it to the Cadillac dealer. I had to have a tune up got new spark plugs, fuel injectors. Fuel rail. And cumbustion chamber cleaned. PLENUM Gasket was leaking had that replaced that also the intake ASSY replaced that. The only thing that didnt fix was the " shutting off" on me I took it back had to have some other things fixed for get what those were I would have to find my paper work.

Good Luck!

Amydc79
This is easy you need a oil level sensor they stick some times, the dieing is probally crank sensors replace both of them

Buzzsaw
Yeah like he said crank sensor I looked at my paper work my front engine motor mount was broken causing 2 wires to stretch and pull apart 1 to MAF sensor and 1 to crank sensor A they had to repair the broken wires and replace the motor mount. Also the crank sensor A & B shorted out they replaced both crank sensors and reflashed PCM with updates.

Amydc79