CRANKSHAFT SENSOR

2001 Cadillac Other

Okay, trying this again. First-time user on here. Engine light comes on & car cuts off. Took it to Cadillac dealership & they said I needed crankshaft sensors repaired. Has there been a recall on this? Seems like he pulled up a report but didn't show it to me. Also, is this an easy fix that can be done outside of a shop? Where is it located? I tried to find a website with pictures but the web is a WEB! I priced this at $500 at the dealership to get it fixed. Parts store priced parts at $39.99 each! I need to fix this & fast! Can anyone give me guidance?

Thanks!
Emily
Emily

Forgot to say that this is a 2001 Cadillac DEVILLE if that matters?

Emily

Emily
Your best bet is to purchase a repair manual for your year and model. Readily available at your local parts house, book stores, or used even from amazon. Com or e-bay. Haynes or Chilton might also be available at your library.

Most CPS units I've seen simply screwed in and had an electrical connection that needed to be removed and then reinstalled. Not familiar with your vehicle tho.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. : )

Try posting in the GM section for more results.

Peppermrj
Bump**

Jpam