WILL NOT START IN MORNING

1987 Cadillac Fleetwood

1987 Cadillac Fleetwood V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

This is a weird one to me. Recently it will not start in the morning, if I wait until the sun comes up or at least it seams that way, it will start and run just fine. I checked battery cables and they were fine. All lights and engine lights come on but when I turn the ign switch the starter just doesn't engage. Then I wait a couple of hours and go out expecting nothing to happen and it fires right up like nothing is the matter. Once, I figured it was a fluke, twice, not really sure, but today makes three times in a row and I just don't get it. Any ideas at all? It is still dark in the morning when I first try and then a few hours later the sun is up when I try again, I know this shouldn't make a difference, maybe it is coincidence but it sure is strange to me. I have never had even one problem with this car starting so I'm kinda lost with this one. Thanks for any help or advice. Steve
Lastwaltz001

You have one of those sun cars only starts in the daylight. They were experimental only a few were made. Lol Is the battery ok if older than 2 yrs get a new one.

Bobfeder