CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT PROBLEM

2004 Cadillac Escalade Ext

2004 Cadillac Escalade Ext V8 80000 miles

iam 23 n have just bought my very first auto or should I say truck but only after haveing it for 6 days they broke into it at work nin plane day light. Its looks like they try taking the truck cuz this tamperd with they ignation lock cylinder and know the truck wont even star. I read n my manuel about the pass lock system, but my question was about how much would it cost for the labor. And what steps do I take n geting it fix. I mean does the truck have to be ublock from the passlock system or how how does that work plz help me?
Gerardo06

Does the key go in the cylinder, and the cylinder rotate? It is difficult to put a price on it sight unseen, due to not knowing the extent of the damage.

Factoryjack
Yes the key does go in but it wont rotate.

Gerardo06
If the cylinder won't rotate, I would not suspect a passlock fault, other than the cylinder not rotating. It sounds like a possible circumstance of damage inside causing tumblers to become damaged or dislodged. The majority of the cost of repair is going to lie in the labor just to get the column and cylinder apart and extracted, and the parts that are going to be sacrificed in the process. Someone is going to have to look at it to assess the damage, and quote you an estimate from there. One option if you have not pursued it, is to contact your insurance company, and see what option you have with them.

Factoryjack