ABS

2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext

2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext V8 Four Wheel Drive

i had an issue the other day, I pressed the brakes but the car wouldnt stop it felt as though the brake pushed back at me and it was making a growling noise. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the yaw sensor and the front wheel sensor, they also said I would have to purchase the entire hub for this to be done, is that true? I feel like they were trying to rip me off so I havent gotten it fixed. I have a friend who knows about mechanis work and he said he would try to fugure out how to replace those 2 parts, are they difficult to fix?
Crystalp

The wheel speed sensor is part of the hub/bearing, although I believe on AWD the sensor is removeable, but not available through gm as seperate part. As far as the yaw rate sensor, what is there reason for replacement. There was a bulletin for a number change, but that only applied to 2004 and up.

Factoryjack