INSTRUMENT PANEL

2004 Cadillac Escalade Esv

2004 Cadillac Escalade Esv V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

My instrument panel in my Escalade went out - as are a few other things right after my 100,000 mile warranrty expired. I have no speedometer, no gauges, etc. A week or so ago everything flickered on and then back off. I checked the fuse and the fuse is fine. Could this be something as simple as a loose connection or do I need to replace a part. I am trying to do this as economical as possible. Any ideas? If it is a loose connection, where do I start on identifying the loose connection. The dealer says since it involves mileage issues there are federal laws regarding this and it needs to be done " professionally".

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Mweber1965

Have all the gauges stopped? Usually a failure involves one or the other. There was I/P issues in earlier years, and a campaign that covered them up to 70,000 miles. Ideally, it requires a scan tool that can communicate with the IPC, and command special functions to test the gauges and displays. Not sure on the dealer only stipulation. Obviously there is the odometer that has to be programmed into a replacement. I work at a dealer, and when we obtain an IPC through the remanufacturer, we provide them with the odometer, engine hours, and VIN #. I don't know how the outside world obtains a replacement part, but never been told it was a dealer only repair.

Factoryjack