ELDORADO ETC HIGH IDLE

2001 Cadillac El Dorado

My Cadillac Eldorado Northstar is having a high idle problem. It started about 2 weeks ago. I was driving and noticed that the vehicle was not decelerating normally. I had to use additional brake pressure to stop the car. When I placed the transmission in neutral, the RPM jumped up to 1500 RPM. I stepped on the acelerator and it stayed at 2200 RPM briefly and then went back down to 1500. I pulled over, turned the engine off and let it set for a few minutes. I started it back up and it idled normally.

Today I started the vehicle up in the morning in my garage. It was in " Park" and it went to 1500 RPM immediatly (like normal) and stayed there (not normal). When I stepped briefly on the accelerator it stayed briefly at 2000-2200 RPM and then came back down to 1500-1600 RPM. It will not go to its normal idle speed of 700 RPM. Please advise.

1. 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
2. 30,000 mi.
3. Automatic transmission
4. 2 wheel drive
5. Strange sounds - None
6. Fluid leaks - None
7. No past repair history other than normal periodic mainytenance.
Ontarff

See if the throttle cable is sticking.
Check temp sensor, has fuel consumption increased?

Merlin2021
Merlin you need to go back to school and learn something, you are a clown. I dont know what kinda cars you have been working on, stay away from cadillacs

1 thing was right check the accel cable, clean the gunk off the throttle plate in the intake ( where the cable hooks too ) if that doesnt do it scan for codes?

Buzzsaw