BATTERY CHARGING

1982 Cadillac El Dorado

1982 Cadillac El Dorado V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

I recently purchased an 82 Eldorado from a police auction and new of a few problems at that time. Since then I have had the car fail to start, and stall because the battery died. I have since replaced the battery, starter, and alternator. The car has been running okay for a little while since replacing all those components, but now, I have to jump start the car to get it started. It runs fine after that so long as I don't turn the car off, even for long distances. But as soon as I turn the ignition to the off position, the battery has to be jumped again. Any suggestions?
Satrnscsc

Where did you buy the parts from?

Buzzsaw
Auto Zone

Satrnscsc
Take them back and go to napa and get good parts, autozone parts just arnt any good and cost you more in the long run, you only get what you pay for.

Lifetime warrenty you say: it will take you a life time to get it running again with those parts

Buzzsaw
Okay, I'll try better parts and get back to you, thanks!

Satrnscsc